Thursday, July 12, 2012

First Publisher Interest

I came home from work Monday evening and found my husband in the kitchen going through the mail.  He looks at me with the most seriousness I've seen in a while and says, "You're in big trouble, Missy."  In his outreached hand, was postcard.  I knew then I didn't go over my Kohl's limit so it must be a postcard that I slipped in with my manuscripts that I mailed out the beginning of June. 

So, I'm excited someone opened my manuscript.  But then, I flipped over the card.  Not only did I see my handwriting, but there is red ink all over it!  They wrote me a note!  I begin reading it, to my joy the editor not only said she was intrigued by my story but wanted to see more!  I was so excited!  I didn't know what to do with myself.  So, like an other rationale adult female, I ran around the inside of my house happily screaming with my dog, Birdy, running and barking with me.

A new cartridge of ink ($38), postage ($9.20), the knowledge that someone in the publishing field thought my first chapter and query letter were intriguing, PRICELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment