Sunday, February 10, 2013

Writers and Research

When writers make mistakes,you know research was neglected. Did you know Ohio teens learning to drive can't practice with just anyone?

Imagine my disappointment when I read just that thing in a recently published book. On top of that, once you have your DL, you can only have one passenger with you that is not a family member.

Now, I suppose these teens had more important things to worry about o...ther than breaking state laws because they are zombie slayers, but still....

AS A WRITER the error got under my skin. Needless to say, there were other mistakes throughout the book. Many, teens may not even notice. In my opinion it was a reckless disrespect to the art.

I forced myself to finish the book. the author can be sure, I won't be reading book 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment